Saturday, June 8, 2013

News from Yurtlandia





We're a couple of schoolteachers whose wanderlust and nerdiness has led us to the traveling yurt life, although that is about to get more permanent (see upcoming blog). For the second summer, we're about to hit the road, set up the yurt at a campground, and live simply. Last year we stormed Santa Fe, where I immersed myself in Victorian novels and contemporary short stories (in other words, I worked on my masters in English). For six weeks, I got schooled, Bryan played, we yurted, and we met all sorts of amazing people (lucky for us, many of these characters about to resurface in this blog). This year we head east to Vermont, to the land of Robert Frost, maple syrup, and Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I'm pretty sure I got all the important stuff there. So, tune back in in the coming weeks and months, because even if this summer isn't that interesting (impossible: Keith will be there), you'll want to be around long enough to get the link to the next blog. Trust me. 

Wondering how we ended up in a yurt instead of in student housing or a cozy apartment?

No comments:

Post a Comment