Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer in Hyde, Some are Not

Vermont is lovely, green, and hot, muggy, and rainy. Admittedly, it was going to be hard to beat Santa Fe, and we have only been here about five days, but the yurt life just isn't quite as delightful in Vermont.

See tiny sliver of light?
Wet, stanky floor.
The yurt roof has a teeny, tiny gap where we didn't quite line the roof cover up quite right, so we woke up the other day, after those nice-to-fall-asleep-to rains to a wet floor. After we cleaned that up, we realized that the entire "tub" floor of the yurt (it's a tarp/tent-like floor) was seeping wet through it. Therefore, all our stuff, the rug, dog beds, etc. was sopping wet. Since then we have had some sunshine, but more heavy rain in the evenings, so it's drier but not dry. Also, the bugs are bad.

However, the other night Keith showed up (he's camping at Moosalamoo too!) and then last night we were reunited with the crew, so that cheered us up. More to come...




3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having the ill effects of east coast weather...a bit like MN I'm afraid. No wonder you loved the arid NM better. But better weather will come...I saw a personal bug repellant noise thing you can hook to your belt. Do you want me to get you a couple? I see your Massachusetts Special Bug Zapper in the wet, stanky floor photo...need more?

    I'm with you in that I don't care for hot muggy temperatures unless I'm in a lake. Is there a lake for you to swim in? Where can we swim when I come for a visit?

    The dogs look like perfect campground hosts. I might have to borrow them sometime!

    Stay dry, stay cool! Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! We're good on the bug wands, though they are wonderful! There is a swimming hole down the road that we can check out and there are several lakes in the forest that we can hit up! It's just soooooo rainy that swimming doesn't sounds very fun. Once it breaks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found one of those fun bug zap rackets at a sale. 3bucks, talked em down from 5. Last fall my roommates got a hold of it, ran around the house shocking each other & shreiking like little girls. Now, mysteriously disappeared.

    ReplyDelete