Wednesday, July 17, 2013

back to your normal programming, I hope

So last week was the infamous Bread Loaf paper week, which falls smack dab in the middle of the summer and where nearly every class has the first papers due. It was stressful and I dedicated the weekend to decompressing from that. As you saw, we went places, saw stuff, swam, etc. Life is good.

This week we planned to swim out at Silver Lake, but ended up going to Branbury instead to swim in the big lake. It was a blast and today Mom and John are camping there, so there'll be plenty more of that to be had!
swimmin' with my pups
Before we left, I had texted to invite the Duennebiers to dinner at the yurt. Since no one really has service, I wasn't sure if it would reach them. LAter I remembered they only get texts from iPhone users while they are at the cabin. So on the way back we decided to stop at their cabin and invite them.

When Kate opened the door, she and Josh were flabbergasted because evidently they had just been talking about seeing if we wanted to go swimming with them and were bemoaning the inability to reach us to ask. Then I knocked and she jokingly said, "maybe that's Meryl." And it was. Weird.

Anyway, they came up to dinner, it was delightful,  and not much else has happened thus far this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment