Thursday, July 11, 2013

if i could, i would make you a raging river with angry rapids supplied with rain, so you could always meander and forever be able to run away

The rain keeps coming in spite of hope in everyone's eyes that we have reached the end of it. Everyone says this isn't what Vermont is like, but there is a lot of, "I expletive hate this place" going on in the yurt.

The other day we went for humid, buggy mountain bike ride and then stopped at a secret swimming hole we discovered. Yesterday when we went by it was no longer a swimming hole, looking like this instead:


So it goes. 

Bill McKibbens, environmental activist and creator of 350.org, came to speak last night and talked about the impacts of global warming on Ripton with flooding, rainfall, etc. and I could see that this really isn't Vermont's normal. 

Also last night was a reception for those of us who received scholarships for this summer and I found out mine was given in the name of a person who was killed in the Challenger explosion. I didn't catch the name, but I will try to find out! 

Good news around the bend: I present on my Amazon research today and I will be glad to have that out of the way. I turned in my paper for Finance class this morning and although I have even bigger work ahead, I feel like I can take the weekend off (mostly). Also, next week Mom and John hit Vermont and are staying at Branbury. I'm thrilled and Klue really wants to see her boyfriend Maximus Adolphi. Also, we're hitting the town with the newlywed Dunnebiers, previously known as Josh and Katie. Another plus: I am hitting up the chiropractor next week in the hopes of ridding myself of these pesky migraines. The sun will come out tomorrow. Maybe. 

2 comments:

  1. And the sun did come out tomorrow...tomorrow, the sun will come out tomorrow and all next week and weeks thereafter in preparation for Meryl's class work and for many weeks to follow

    Maximus is so anxious to see Klue for some dog lessons and to see Nitsa to show her how he has matured. This morning as we packed up the car, Max dipped into a bag in the kitchen and picked out his treat bag and carried it up to the car! Then he also picked out his Glucosamine tablets which he savors daily...and carried them up to the car...left the toys and the leash, but made sure the edible contents would not be left at the cottage. We know where Max's heart is...

    Can't wait to see you all...

    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb thats so cute! I take glucosamine too.

    ReplyDelete